Dhruv is a 12th Grader at Normal Community High School, Class of 2022, and is on track to relieve Computer Science Associate’s Degree. He is the founder and CEO of Universal Help Foundation, an international non-profit dedicated to improving the quality of life for people all around the world in innovative ways. Dhruv is involved in extensive community services. He is a philanthropist, who has earned many accolades for his community services and active involvement in various extra-curricular activities. Dhruv is an avid Ham Radio operator and has even saved lives with his skills.
- 4-H National Stem Pillar Award Winner 2022, for service work with global impact on education
- International Wireless Communications – Radio Club of America Youth Award 2021
- Young Ham Of The Year 2019
- Martin Luther King (MLK) Youth Award 2020
Get Started here to know more…..
Apart from his studies, Dhruv is actively involved in Robotics, Ham Radio (Amateur Radio), and Community Service activities.
Dhruv Rebba-KC9ZJX, 17-year-old high school senior (on track with Associates Degree in Computer Science) at Normal Community High School, Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, USA. Dhruv received a Ham Radio Technician license when he was 9 years old. It made him the Youngest Amateur Radio Operator of Indian origin in the world and in the State of Illinois. ‘LIMCA Book of Records’ officially declared the same in ‘LIMCA Book of Records-2015’. At 10, Dhruv passed his General Class Amateur Radio license. He entered for the second time into the ‘Limca Book of Records-2016’ as youngest general class Ham Radio operator in the world from Indian origin.
Although always interested in robotics, coding, and engineering as a kid, Dhruv Rebba never had the opportunity to study hands-on until he joined 4-H. After joining his 4-H club’s robotics team in 4th grade, he was instantly hooked. Since then, Dhruv has launched two 4-H robotics clubs in local elementary schools and has witnessed those students grow to become passionate about science, robotics, and 4-H. He also serves as an ARISS mentor helping schools around the nation contact the International Space Station with ham radio. These experiences led him to fundraise and advocate to US congressional leaders for expanded funding of after-school STEM programs like his.
Dhruv is the founder and CEO of Universal Help Foundation, which is an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of lives for people all around the world in innovative ways. He is leading Universal Help in tackling issues ranging from opportunity inequality to climate change in locations around the globe. It is a non-profit organization founded in 2018 and is 501c3 tax exempted. UHelp is partnered with GSSO India and has conducted numerous programs in providing quality education and health.
Awards & Achievements
- 2022 Proclamation from McLean County Board, In recognition of STEM services in the McLean County, and for achieving 4-H National STEM Award
- 2022 – 4-H National STEM Pillar Award Winner for local, global impact on STEM education
- 2021 – International Wireless Communications & RCA Youth Award
- 2021 & 2016 – YICU Service Award
- 2020 – ARRL YSC (Youth Section Coordinator) for Illinois
- 2020 – Martin Luther King Youth Award, Normal, IL
- 2019 – Amateur Radio Newsline Young Ham of the Year
- 2019 – ‘Young Ham Lends a Hand’ Award from Radio Club of America.
- 2019 – Youth Excellence Award from MCIA (McLean County India Association)
- 2018 – AMSAT Space Symposium Presidential Award 2018
- 2017 – Award of Excellence for Youth in Science & Technology from TANA (Telugu Association of North America).
- 2017 – City of Bloomington Proclamation – from the Bloomington City Council and the Mayor for outstanding services to the community.
- 2017 & 2016 – Young Achiever’s Award from Radio Club of America.
- 2015 & 2016 – Limca Book of Records – Youngest Ham Radio operator in the World from Indian origin at the age of 9
Keynote Speaker, Articles Published
TV and Radio Interviews in Local & International News
- 2021 – 4-H Galactic Quest Game Show
- 2020 – ‘The Role of Youth in our Society’ by West Best Bengal Radio Club Webinar.
- 2019 – Keynote address about Robotics and future technology at the Students Involved in Technology(SIT) Conference at Heartland Community College for K-12 students in the community.
- 2019 – Youth panel member for NASA-ARISS forum panel discussion on ‘Choice of Studies/Careers’.
- 2019 – First National Advocacy Conference, Washington DC.
- 2019 – ARISS Co-Mentor for 24th World Scouts Jamboree.
- 2019 – Featured in ‘The Uncertain Future of Ham Radio’ in IEEE Spectrum interview.
- 2019 – Dhruv’s episode on ‘ Sankalp’ from NewView Studios.
- 2019 – Pacificon Youth Keynote speaker at the Pacificon Radio Communications Conference in San Ramon, CA about youth in technology.
- 2019 – Peoria Superfest , Don Wilbanks, Amateur Radio Newsline with Dhruv as special guest.
- 2018 – India Youth Keynote Speaker at Hamfest, REVA University, Bangalore, India. Presentation on ‘Youth Empowerment and Ham Radio.
- Article published in RCA(Radio Club of America) magazine ‘Voices of Tomorrow‘ about amateur radio expedition experience by Dhruv, on PJ2Y Curaçao YouthDX in 2018 pages 45-47. Dhruv talks about his experience as part of the extoardinary Dave Kalter Youth DX Adventure (YDXA) Team.
- 2018 – Workshop on ‘Science Behind Rocket Technology’ covering the topics Rockets, Thermodynamics and Gravity of Physics.
- 2018 – Selected for prestigious Dave Kalter Memorial Youth DX Adventure, PJ2T Curacao Island
- 2018 – AMSAT-NASA Space Symposium : Presentation about Chiddix ARISS program at US Space Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama.
- 2017 – Dayton International Hamvention Youth Forum Speaker on the topic ‘Community Services with Ham Radio Communications’.
- 2017 – Great Lakes HamCon Youth Presenter at Michigan International Speedway.
- 2017 – Spearheaded ARISS (Amateur Radio on International Space Station) contact at Chiddix Junior High School
- 2017 – Talk Show with Astronaut Douglas Wheelock about Amateur Radio on International Space Station(ISS), Chiddix ARISS Program on W5KUB.COM
- 2016 – Dayton International Hamvention Youth Forum Speaker on the topic ‘Helping Communities in US and India with Radio Communications.
- 2015 – Andaman Island DXPedition youth speaker on ‘ham Radio during natural disasters’ at HamTech.
- 2014 – Ham Radio awareness program at NIAR (National Institute of Amateur Radio), Hyderabad.