Normal Community High School (NCHS), Bloomington IL
NCHS – Societies/Clubs/Sports
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Member
Dhruv is a FBLA member for all the 4 years of his high school. FBLA is an organization which inspires and prepares students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences.
- Attended conferences around the country to network with others and compete in the events.
- Nationals – Competed in the National Leadership Conference in Cyber Security – 2021 and Network Design – 2019
- First place – ‘Cyber Security’ and “Computer Network Design’ in FBLA Central Area Leadership Conference in 2019
- Second place – Network Design in the State of Illinois. Qualified for Nationals.
- First place – Cyber Security and Second place – Political Science at 2020 Central Area Leadership Conference.
- First Place – Cyber Security at 2021 State Leadership Conference and 2021 Central Area Conference
- Second Place – Networking Infrastructures and Third Place – Securities & Investments in the Central Area Leadership Conference 2022
- Developed confidence and ability to perform each task at a high standard and to willingly accept responsibilities and duties.
- Developed business entrepreneurship skills, networking with peers and business professionals.
Cyber Patriot Club
Member of Cyber Patriot Club : Cyber Security Competition – Cyber Patriot is the Air Force Association’s National Youth Cyber Education Program. Finding and fixing Cyber Security vulnerabilities maintaining critical services, and in charge of securing virtual networks. Cyber Security camps help learn the importance of cyber safety and how to protect personal devices and information from outside threats. Inspires interest in Cyber Security and STEM. In the present day world, where nearly all the industries rely on cyber security, it becomes crucial, and is of an immediate requirement to protect data. Raises cyber security awareness, fuels competetive spirit, and fosters teamwork and school pride among students.
National Honor Society
Member of National Honor Society is a privilege to be, more than an honor roll where the basic requirements for membership are scholarship, leadership, service and character, in addition to achieving academic achievement. Being in the National Honor Society, you can attend LEAD(Leadership, Experience and Development Conference) Conferences, and State Summits, and thus build leadership skills, and network opportunities, and collaborate on real-world situations happening in the communities.
Inspiring others to be better and achieve more is the key trait of a Peer Leader. Provided leadership and guidance to the students, helping students make the transition to college life. Encouraging group work, effective thinking, student interaction and active involvement through Self-Awareness, Social Skills, Empathy, Self Regulation and Motivation. The Peer Leadership Program is an effort to continually improve the institution culture, through mentoring, tutoring, and building up leaders focussed on giving and serving.
Cross Country Runner since middle school 6th grade.
NCHS Varsity Cross-Country Runner
Computer Science Honor Society
Member of National Computer Science Honor Society. The society encourages enthusiasm for STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics), honors academic excellence, and promotes service. Recognizes students who demonstrate interest, passion, and academic excellence in computer science, programming, and other computer science disciplines. Volunteering throughout the community teaching computer science classes at middle school, and providing technology related assistance, when and where needed in the community.
Generation Connect Club
Connecting with Senior Residents
Member for a new club called Generation Connect started at NCHS, the purpose of which is to connect with senior residents at The Villas of Holly Brook, Normal IL and provide for positive social interactions with the students! As the name itself suggests, it connects the generations and helps the seniors stay happy. Monthly visits, playing games, making crafts, holiday cards and movie nights are some of the activities.